Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 17 of 31 Day Spooktacular- Slithery Snake Wreath

This idea is compliments of Martha Stewart Living magazine.  I love how easy and fabulous this project is!


To Make It...

1. Spray paint a wreath black (or silver, green, purple... whatever you fancy) and let dry.


2. Spray paint plastic snakes black (or whatever color you chose for your wreath). Let dry.  I bought mine at the dollar store and used around 30 snakes + 2 larger snakes to hang on the top and the bottom.


3. OPTIONAL: Paint red eyes on a few of the snakes.

4. Using hot glue or floral wire, attach the snakes all around the wreath.
5. Hang proudly and watch people do double-takes.






I'd love for you to follow along for the 31 Day Spooktacular

Catch up!

 Day 1 (Candy Corn Tablescape)
Day 2 (Costume Ideas)
Day 3 (GOURDgeous decor)
Day 4 (3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies)
Day 5 (FREE Halloween Printables)
Day 6 (Acorn Desserts)
Day 7 (Pumpkin Candle Holders)
Day 8 (Specimen Bottles with FREE Printables)
Day 9 (DIY Book Crafts)
Day 10 (7 Layer Dip- Halloween Style)
Day 11 (Skull Basket)
Day 12 (Fall Mantel- Guest Post)
Day 13 (Danger Sign)
Day 14 (Skeleton Centerpiece)
Day 15 (Vintage Cupcake Toppers)
Day 16 (DIY Halloween Goblets)







You might find me linking up to...

6 comments:

Hilliary Meisner said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so creative! This looks great, and I love the decorations on your bookshelf!

RhettDidntGiveADamn said... Best Blogger Tips

Whoa that's creepy! Lol. (and so creative) xo

Sherry said... Best Blogger Tips

This is definitely different! Lovely job.

Christine said... Best Blogger Tips

I made two of these, one to give away to my sister but the big snakes are tacky :(. I have since read others have this problem too. Are your's and if not what did you do? They are very cute but I hate to send someone something that is sticky and have to try and store a certain way to keep clean.

Tire Swing Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh. I haaaaate snakes, but that is a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed visiting your blog tonight. :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, the wreath is a great idea but it really creeped me out so I guess I could say that you achieved the look you were trying to create!!

I HATE snakes but it is a great idea!!

LOL!!

Hugs,
Debbie