Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 13 of 31 Day Spooktacular- DIY DANGER sign!

One nice thing about living out in the middle of nowhere is that it's easy to find a bunch of crap stuff that can be used for all my projects.

While Dustin and I were checking these guys and girls...


I found an assortment of old wood, sticks, fence posts, and other fun things.
While at this auction sale...


Dustin bought this container of spray paint for $1!


Basic (DIY) mathematics tells me when you put the two together it equals...

this Halloween Sign.


All I did to make this was paint random pieces of wood and attach them to an old fencepost. The older and in worse shape they were in the better!  To give it those final touches, I covered with spiderwebs and attached a skeleton. 


It looks spooky during the day but kind of disappears in the dark.
  Nothing a spotlight couldn't fix! 



I'd love for you to follow along for the 31 Day Spooktacular


Catch up!

 Day 1 (Candy Corn Tablescape)
Day 2 (Costume Ideas)
Day 3 (GOURDgeous decor)
Day 4 (3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies)
Day 5 (FREE Halloween Printables)
Day 6 (Acorn Desserts)
Day 7 (Pumpkin Candle Holders)
Day 8 (Specimen Bottles with FREE Printables)
Day 9 (DIY Book Crafts)
Day 10 (7 Layer Dip- Halloween Style)
Day 11 (Skull Basket)
Day 12 (Fall Mantel- Guest Post)

3 comments:

Bird Bug Pug said... Best Blogger Tips

great job! can't wait to see all your projects coming together at the end of the month

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said... Best Blogger Tips

You two are soooo awesomely creative! Fabulous job! You have more creativity in your pinky finger than I have in all of me! hehe!

Kirsti Lukens Craig said... Best Blogger Tips

Spray paint for a dollar? Can't beat it! Good work!