Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 4 of 31 Day Spooktacular- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

Pumpkin is what we are all craving right now. I saw this recipe on the blog The Six Sisters' Stuff and had to try it (with a minor change).  It was easy, fast, and only calls for 3 ingredients. I promise it will satisfy your pumpkin craving!

Ingredients:
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (Edit: I substituted 1 cup of raisins instead)

 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together, roll into small balls (or slop blobs of the batter on the sheet like I did) and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies).




 At first I wasn't sure if they would turn out because the batter was so...sticky. They may not be the prettiest things ever but they turned out great- moist, light, and flavorful.
 
Happy Baking :)



I'd love for you to follow along for the 31 Day Spooktacular

If you missed the previous posts...
 Day 1 (Candy Corn Tablescape)
Day 2 (Costume Ideas)
Day 3 (GOURDgeous decor)

Email me at coleyhueske@hotmail.com with projects or tutorials if you'd like to be featured :)

19 comments:

Mikelle Jade said... Best Blogger Tips

oh YUM
I am definitely trying these.
hopefully they turn out!

Stacy CUrran said... Best Blogger Tips

Amazing...my kind of recipe! Can't wait to try
Stacy

Drew {Coral Cafe} said... Best Blogger Tips

mmm pumpkin deliciousness!!

Hilliary Meisner said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM!!! I love this time of year because pumpkin is everywhere! I am thinking of making pumpkin bread today or tomorrow!

Crystal said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, these sound wonderful! And I can make them without having to buy a thing! I like the idea of using raisins instead of the chocolate, also! I host a Weekend Craft Soiree and I would love for you to link up sometime! I am your newest follower, btw! :) Have a great day!
Crystal
www.homemakerinheels.com

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! One of my favorite parts of autumn is tasting all of the yummy pumpkin treats! I will definitely try these! Thanks!

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

I'd love for you to link this recipe up to my 1st Linky party that started today.
www.projectqueen.org
They look delicious and oh so easy!

an.Alaskan.mom said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, what a great idea for the 31 days! Excited to go follow you, gonna go do that, now.... :D



P.S. gotta make these!

(found you in a hop!)

Stephanie @ http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com

The Charm of Home said... Best Blogger Tips

Those look delicious!
Sherry

Growing Up Gardner said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I have never made pumpkin cookies but they look easy and delish!

Jamie said... Best Blogger Tips

These look so tasty! I'll have to try them... pinning them right now so I don't forget ;)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

wonderful... I love the three ingredient recipe!! I WILL Make these for sure
Thanks I'll have to check out your blog (visiting you via savy southern styles linky)

KAT

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

These look yummy! I like the idea of the raisins too. Sounds much better to me. I'll have to try these. Thanks for the recipe.

Catie @ Catie's Corner said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Coley. These would be delicious! I just made a cake using the same ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, on Saturday. It was delicious. And how funny, today I was thinking they'd make yummy cookies and here's your post about the cookies. I will definitely be making these. = )

~ Catie

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

Found your link at Chic on a Shoestring and I can honestly vouch for the ease and flavor of these cookies!! The only bad thing is that their addicting! But, they're probably one of the more healthier cookies, if you're gonna have an addiction to one. ;^)

Taylor Greenwalt said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, they look amazing. I am going to have to try them.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that these are so easy to make and they sound delicious. Just to add a FEW more calories I might add cream cheese frosting to the top. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks easy and super yummy! My kids will be so happy!