Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 11 of 31 Day Spooktacular- Skull Basket

Beware: This project may take you all of 5 minutes.


To make this basket... place spanish moss in a hanging planter and set a skull on top (I used a styrofoam one from Wal-Mart).


Because I put mine outside and this little guy could never hold up in the North Dakota wind without securing it somehow, I looped a wire through the skull and wrapped it around the sides of the plant holder.  Depending on how heavy your skull is and where you will be hanging it, this step could be omitted.



Place on a sheppard's hook  and add sign on top (optional).


This little guy greets company before walking up the porch... the kid's especially find it "cool".  As it gets closer to Halloween, I'm going to place battery operated lights within the moss so it stands out at night. Sppooooooooookkkkkkyyyy.



I'd love for you to follow along for the 31 Day Spooktacular

Catch up!

 Day 1 (Candy Corn Tablescape)
Day 2 (Costume Ideas)
Day 3 (GOURDgeous decor)
Day 4 (3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies)
Day 5 (FREE Halloween Printables)
Day 6 (Acorn Desserts)
Day 7 (Pumpkin Candle Holders)
Day 8 (Specimen Bottles with FREE Printables)
Day 9 (DIY Book Crafts)
Day 10 (7 Layer Dip- Halloween Style)

You might find me linking up to...

6 comments:

Alexa said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha. I love it! Perfect for Halloween! And super easy!
alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Thrifty Crafty Girl said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that! Nice job!

Hilliary Meisner said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this! It looks great!!

Kim Rosema said... Best Blogger Tips

This is awesome! I love all your spooktacular ideas so far!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the "Grim Gables Cemetery" sign! Very cool!

The Tablescaper said... Best Blogger Tips

So fun! It would be great to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper