1. First, clean the window frames. I used Windex and a window scraper to make sure all residue is removed. I then lightly washed the panes to make sure the paint adhered. (You may need to sand a bit as well)
2. Measure the window spaces.
3. Paint the frame. I didn't tape on the inside, that's what my window scraper is for!
4. While you are waiting for your window to dry, flip the poster upside down and measure the same size sections as your window. Number them so you don't have to put the puzzle together when they are all cut out.
5. Cut out the sections that you just measured.
6. After the window is dry, scrape off excess paint (goes a lot faster than taping!)
7. Piece the sections of the poster into the window. To adhere the parts that wouldn't stay, I took small pieces of tape and adhered them to the wood on the back.
8. To hang on the wall, nail a couple picture frame hangers to the back.
Linking up to Chic on a Shoestring Decorating