Sunday, May 1, 2011

"things inside of things" + DIY Project

My close friends and family know that I love 'things inside of things'.  Yes, it's weird, but I've been drawn to them for as long as I can remember.  I love fish bowls, terrariums,  plants, submerged flowers, snow globes, anything in vases, those sparkle pens, ornaments with stuff inside...you get the idea.


If you are still confused, the following 'inspiration' photos make me melt with happiness. I think what draws me to the is the quaint, 'cozy' feeling you get when you look at them. It is almost like another miniature world or something.

instructables.com

front-porch-ideas-and-more.com

(My house)

bride.net

(My house)



DIY Project

I don't even remember how I stumbled on the following candle holders and vases from cb2 but when I saw them I knew I had to have them.  I ordered five of the following...






And since I had to put something in them, I ordered these adorable little air plants from hereI squealed when I opened the package, they are seriously precious!  All they need is a 10 minute soak in water once a week and the rest of the time they sit and look cute.  (Thank goodness because I'm really working on my green thumb, or lack there of).



Now this part is hard... I put the flowers inside of the vases. Whew. (Hope your catching the sarcasm) But aren't they cute?!



I made a contraption out of a curtain rod, twine, and fishing line and hung all 5 glass balls from it. I placed it in my eat-in kitchen close to a window.


I love looking at these little guys everyday :) I will post a tutorial soon.


0 comments: