This vinaigrette is by far my favorite and has lots of health benefits. In addition to the healthy fat from the olive oil, balsamic vinegar is shown to help control blood sugar levels by slowing the absorption of sugar.
What you need...
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepper to taste
Canning Jar with lid
1) Pour 1 and 1/2 cups of olive oil into the canning jar
2) Add 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3) Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic
4) Shake in some thyme, oregano, and pepper
5) Put the lid on and shake er' up! You should try a little taste, you may want to add more oil or vinegar, depending on how strong you like it.
6) Enjoy! Pour over salad or use it as a dip for bread.
Store at room temperature.