Friday, March 2, 2012

Get better remedy- My Secret Potion

This time of year, everyone seems to have the sniffles. Unlucky for me, I am one of them.  I'm pretty sure my head is floating above my body like a balloon.
A giant, inflamed, ugly balloon.


Source

Growing up, whenever us kids were sick, my mom would make us a honey-lemon drink.  As we all know, staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for your body while your immune system is fighting to get back to normal. Not only does it taste yummy but all the ingredients have a purpose to help you fight those bugs off.

This 'magic potion' is my twist on the drink my mom used to make us.

Source


 What you need:

*All amounts are approximate. I don't measure, but toss the ingredients together. Experiment with how you prefer the flavor.*

Juice of 1  lemon or 1/4 cup lemon juice-----------Breaks up mucous; antibacterial; antiviral; immune boosting power
1/2 cup of honey (more or less to suit your tastes)-----Suppresses cough & relieves sore throat
1 Tablespoon whole cloves--------------------------Acts as a natural antiseptic
1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)----------------Adds some heat and clears out those sinuses!

I add the ingredients to a saucepan and heat it on the stove, put a ladle in it and fill up my mug until it's gone. Then I make another!  You can also make it by the single serving  if you don't need such a large batch.


What do you eat/drink when you aren't feeling so great?

2 comments:

Emily Ann said... Best Blogger Tips

Tea and lots of water! Feel better!

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh I'll have to try this! I do the tea with honey and lemon thing, but I like how every ingredient in this has a purpose!
Feel better soon!