Friday, November 25, 2011

Event Decor- Winter Wonderland Style

 In our town a yearly benefit for the Dickinson State University is held.  Each year a different country is highlighted, this year being Norway.  Guests enjoy a happy hour and then are ushered into different rooms to enjoy a meal and entertainment. After the meal, everyone then goes into the ball room for some dancing and an auction.

The host couples of the event asked me decorate  their room and I am super excited to help out.  We wanted to stay away from the traditional Christmas colors and create a 'wintery feeling' instead.  The look we decided on: silver, white, and blues with a modern, glam, clean look.  No fluffy snowflakes here.  

The following photos serve as my inspiration...


Love all the candlelight.
Source

Pops of blue everywhere.  I'd like to incorporate Christmas ornaments somehow.
Source

Manzanita trees with hanging crystals. I love how tall centerpieces add height to rooms.
Source


To tie in the theme, blue cocktails will tie in the color scheme perfectly.
Source


Sparkly votives at the tables. Who doesn't like glittery things?
Source

Any other ideas to create a winter wonderland?

This weekend I will be working on the centerpieces for the event.
Can't wait to share the after photos with you!

9 comments:

jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that first photo! Understated elegance. Love the touches of blue! =)

ms.composure said... Best Blogger Tips

oooo very nice! def enjoying the diff shades of blue!

infinitelifefintess.com

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com/

STARDUST said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait for Christmas! Thanks for dropping and leaving a sweet comment.
Love, Olga
www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said... Best Blogger Tips

It's going to be amazing! I love your color pallet. Can't wait to see pictures of the event!

EverythingPrettyGirls said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so fun! I am seriously SO jealous of your job. I love white roses.. they are so wintery and pretty. I suggest creating a pinterest board for the event - I'm sure you can find more fabulous ideas!

xo everything-pretty.com

bevy said... Best Blogger Tips

great centerpiece ideas! really liking that first one with the white roses, so lovely!

Stacy CUrran said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the blue and cannot wait to see the centerpiece!
Stacy

Kelly said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your inspiration photos- the blues are gorgeous! Can't wait to see your pictures!

frugalmommieof2 said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm stopping by from the finding new friends hop and following by gfc. I'd love if you'd stop by my blog too.

Lisa
http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/